For the most comprehensive look at this property, visit the official Jon Kohler & Associates website. Thank you for your interest.
Hummingbird Haven is a relaxing central Georgia property, distinctive in its present use and future income-producing potential.
This property is exceptionally suitable as an Airbnb/Vrbo/Glamping revenue earner, event venue, future Tiny Home community, or any number of other entrepreneurial ventures.
Hummingbird Haven is home to a barndominium, greenhouse, outdoor kitchen and koi pond entertainment space, silo/grain bin house, tiny home, and two industrial grade shop buildings, all in great condition and well-maintained.
The barndominium, built in 2019, served as the primary residence of the owner. Built in the board and batten style with cedar shakes, it consists of a 1,296 square foot ground floor featuring three 12’ x 12’ horse stalls, a feed room, office, and covered lean-tos on either side of the barn area. The second floor living area comes fully furnished with the exceptions of a vintage bedroom suite and bath vanity (which will be replaced). Open to the living space and featuring butcher block whitewashed countertops, the kitchen has a refrigerator and propane gas stove, both updated in 2019. Also updated in 2019 are a GE washer and dryer. The master has a bath with jetted tub and walk-in closet. A washer and dryer is included. The porches provide panoramic views of the property. The barndominium is constructed from Eastern White Pine and has maple floors. The roof is only 4 years old.
Adjacent to the barndominium is a delightful greenhouse constructed from repurposed windows with countertops made from old garage doors.
The silo/grain bin house was built in 2022. It is comprised of a 254.4 square foot grain bin and a 384 square foot addition, both paneled with Eastern White Pine. Inside the silo portion are the dining area and kitchen which features a farm sink, butcher block counters, and a stainless Frigidaire refrigerator. Cooking for this property is done on a grill located on the charming 224 square foot covered porch which wraps around two sides of the home. Also in the silo is the living area which has beautiful ceiling detail. The addition is reached through a curved sliding door made from pine and metal cut from the silo. In this addition is a full bath with cedar door and a bedroom housing a refurbished claw foot tub. The bedroom has an electric corner fireplace with Bluetooth technology and a flat-screen TV. This room also features attractive ceiling detail. The house is to remain fully furnished with the exception of an antique fridge. This tiny home has mini splits for A/C, a tank water heater, and a septic tank less than eight years old.
A large outdoor kitchen, with its coffered ceiling, is the focal point of the entertainment/venue space. It is screened on three sides with an industrial-style kitchen on the fourth side. The kitchen area features open shelving, granite countertops, and stainless appliances. There are two comfortable seating areas, one in the screened area and one positioned to take advantage of the large wall-mounted flat-screened TV. A half-bath and ample space for guests to enjoy a delicious meal are also in this enclosed kitchen. This facility has hosted numerous events such as a wine-tasting and outdoor movies. There is plenty of room to add an outdoor fireplace in the future.
It is a short walk from the kitchen to the pump house. Constructed of landscape timbers, the pump house, with covered seating area, creates the perfect place to enjoy the new koi fish pond. Additional paved seating surrounding the pond creates a relaxing oasis.
The Lilly is the original tiny home custom crafted by the current owner approximately 13 years ago, featured on HGTV's Tiny House Hunters, and remodeled in 2021 with new refrigerator and countertops. This pleasant structure has Eastern White Pine siding and double-paned insulated windows. An open porch and pretty landscaping grace the front of the house. The Lilly comes fully furnished including the queen size bed in the loft. A mini-split A/C system and 4-gallon Bosch 5-minute return hot water heater are included.
Completing the list of structures comprising the sale are two impressive industrial grade metal shop/storage buildings. Building #1 was constructed in 2018 and encompasses 6000 square feet of enclosed space with an additional 2000 square foot lean-to. It has R19 insulation and is fully wired. The built-in tables will remain with the property. Building #2 has 1200 enclosed square feet and an additional 800 square feet of lean-to space. There is a 1000-gallon diesel tank and washer/dryer which stay.
For the outdoor enthusiast, it is a short drive to Ball's Ferry State Park, a 525-acre property offering walking trails and hunting opportunities for deer, turkey, small game, and waterfowl. Kayaking is possible on the Oconee River and there is a boat ramp that can be used for fishing access.
Although they have thoroughly enjoyed their time on the property, the current owners know it is time to pass it on to new stewards who will continue to create special memories for guests, grow and improve the property in their own ways, or who wish to simply enjoy a relaxed country lifestyle.
* 10.58 acre income-producing property, located in Danville, GA
* Currently operated for Airbnb/Vrbo/Glamping rental income, in addition to hosting events such as the South Eastern TINY House Festival (4,000 to 6,000 people attending) and Bus Bonanza. Rental business receives a % of nightly fees and all cleaning fees
* All tiny homes at Hummingbird Haven were custom built by the current owner; the original home, The Lilly (252 square feet and featured on HGTV) remains with the property while six others are privately owned but managed as Airbnb/Vrbo/Glamping properties by the current owner. These private owners would be interested in staying on the property and continuing to work with new owner
* Property has room to expand and could sustain 15-20 homes as a tiny home community with lot rent potential
* Perfect host site for special events – family reunions, local winery events, business retreats, tiny home festivals, weekend getaways
* Extensive infrastructure with five septic systems (four 1000 gallon tanks; one 1500 gallon tank), four meter bases (two 200-amp services; two 400-amp services), two wells (one shallow and one deep built in 2022); power received from Oconee EMC
* Barndominium (2,296 total square feet) as primary residence or rental property with 720 square feet of living space upstairs and two porches, one 160 square feet and the other 120 square feet; side porch has European-style windows
* Downstairs barn space in barndominium with three 12' x 12' stalls, feed room, and office space
* Event/entertainment area features an outdoor kitchen (896 square feet) and expansive seating around koi pond; both added in 2022. In the future, an outdoor fireplace could easily be added
* Solid internet service with fiber optic internet expected soon through Oconee EMC
* Two industrial shops/storage buildings; building #1 has 8000 square feet under roof with R19 insulation, fully wired; building #2 has 2000 square feet under roof; 1000 gallon diesel tank, washer/dryer and new hot water heater (October, 2022)
*All televisions are flat-screen smart TVs
“Hummingbird Haven is already a first-rate income-producing property. Considering the quality of its current improvements and possibility for growth and market expansion, its income potential simply comes down to time and effort.” — Scott Sumner