White Oak Ranch & Vineyard, California
Property Types: Farms, Ranches, Home, Recreational
The White Oak Ranch & Vineyard is California’s premiere wine country estate where Mediterranean refinement blends with Western tradition. The White Oak is a large scale production vineyard that affords the discerning buyer the opportunity to step into this quintessential lifestyle at a level that rarely comes to market.
The White Oak’s Villa is a architectural masterpiece down to the most minute detail. Walking its long vaulted corridors as light steals through the interior courtyards makes one take pause at the absolute beauty man and nature are capable of when harmoniously intertwined. Looking out from the Villa’s balcony the land rolls itself out into a sea of vineyards with manicured ponds and islands of heritage oaks rising along the horizon while the sun plays itself off against the distant mountain range as it has throughout the millennium. Beckoning at the edge of this picture is the ever meandering Russian River. The sense of tranquility is surreal.
The White Oak’s two hundred and fifty-five acres comprises over one hundred and thirty acres of productive vineyards that are sold to some of California’s finest wineries. Supporting this scale of operation is an equally impressive infrastructure made up of office & distribution facilities, barns, works shops & warehousing, workers’ housing, fenced pastures, corrals, pumps and water distribution network, etc..
Besides the Ranch’s commercial attributes, significant attention has been given to its recreational component. A separate pool, spa and full workout facility lies at the Ranch’s north end while the Ranch’s wooded south end pays heed to its Western heritage with a professional equestrian arena, stables and corrals. Commanding a view above this stands the Ranch’s inviting South House. Over the hill from this is the shooting and archery range while the lower road will take you along the banks of the Russian River where one could fly fish for steel-head and trout.
- Villa of (10,000 Sq.Ft.) of engineered blocks (Rastra) incorporating an immense amount of concrete and over 80 tons of rebar resulting in massive walls yielding an R54 rating. Custom doors and windows handcrafted in France and Italy. Imported ceramic throughout with radiant heat underneath - the tile work alone taking more than two years to complete.
- This Villa has 5 en suite bedrooms, 7 baths, professional kitchen, butler’s pantry & scullery, wine cellar, bar, three fireplaces, two internal courtyard gardens, balcony & loggia, outdoor kitchen with huge exterior fireplace, pizza oven, outdoor kitchen & massive outdoor fireplace, three car garage, etc..
- Workout & Spa Facility (1012 Sq Ft): A full workout facility with steam sauna/room, his & her bathroom, pool, outdoor sunken & covered jacuzzi, etc..
- Acres of professionally landscaped grounds including vegetable & herb gardens with greenhouse and fruit trees.
- Stable & Recreational Parlor & Bar (5300 Sq. Ft.)
- Hay Barn, Dog Kennel & Chicken Run, etc..
- Ranch Headquarters & Distributions Facility along with an adjoining and well appointed four bedroom Guest Lodge (5070 Sq. Ft.)
- Total of 255 acres comprising 130 acres of planted vineyard, 30 of plant-able and 75 acres of native woodland and pasture. Williamson Act applicable on over 220 acres for reduced tax liability. Varietals & Acreage: Chardonnay 15.62 acres, Sauvignon Blanc 16.72 acres, Cabernet Sauvignon 54.82 acres, Merlot 20.24 acres, Pinot Gris 13.73 acres, Petit Verdot 5.62 acres, Port Varieties 3.58 acres. There are approximately 80,000 vines producing an average of over 875 tons of grapes.
- Perfected Water Rights on three ponds with two diversion rights on Russian River for recharge. Five domestic wells with over 25,000 gallons of storage, natural springs and about a mile of Russian River frontage. Perfected water rights to this extent in California are extremely rare.
- Vineyard Manager’s House & Garden (920 Sq Ft)
- South House (2,600 Sq Ft): the Ranch’s South House is a contemporary three bedroom ranch house that offers a bird’s eye view out over the professional horse & rodeo arena below it.
- Professional Equestrian & Rodeo Arena: the ultimate crown jewel of any historic California ranch has always been its arena. With outdoor lighting, an announcer’s booth and viewing stage, holding pens and corrals, tack room, outdoor entertainment & cooking area- the White Oak’s A
- Farm Center (10,400 Sq Ft): The Ranch’s shop facility acts as the epicenter of the operational side of the vineyard wherein you have tractor, implement & tool storage and repair, metal fabrication, wood shop, pipe supply, above ground fuel storage, workers’ rest and eating outpost, etc..
- Arena is second to none.
- Archery and Shooting Range: hidden away between two hills is the Ranch’s shooting facility complete with a shooting house and multiple stage firing range and trap range.