Whispering Pines Ranch, California
Property Types: Farms, Ranches, Home, Recreational, Timber Land
Activities & Amenities
Stunning mountain home on 273 acres, conveniently located at the edge of Yreka, but offering privacy, solitude & the relaxing feel of being in the mountains , watching the deer & listening to the wind in the pines. This beautiful northern California home has been completely remodeled, inside & out. Many special touches can be found in its open floor plan: handmade juniper mantle over the rock hearth, a charming entrance with custom juniper posts & fountain, custom cabinets & rough-edged granite countertops throughout the house, including in bathrooms, pantry & laundry rooms. The well-planned low water landscaping, circle drive & white fencing all combine to add to the natural beauty of the property. Decks, patios, outdoor kitchen, a swim spa and fenced garden are there for you to enjoy outdoor living. An attached carport nestles on one side of the house, plus a large shop/garage with 3+ spaces & a great game room upstairs, several storage sheds & a large wooden barn with tack room provide extensive parking & storage.
This Siskiyou County land includes both gently sloping fenced areas for horses & hillside ground with marketable timber. The property borders government land to the west, allowing for hiking, hunting or riding right from the property. Enjoy country living only 5 minutes from shopping, restaurants & more, in the small city of Yreka. Yreka has a population of just under 8,000 and is the county seat of Siskiyou County. It’s at an elevation of approx. 2500 feet, with an average summer high of 88 degrees. The area gets an average of 17 inches of rainfall and 20 inches of snowfall – so you’ll get to enjoy all 4 seasons. Yreka has a small hospital, other medical offices, groceries, hardware stores, a great little historic downtown section of shopping, restaurants, etc. Here, you’re truly in northern California, about a half hour from the Oregon border, in the heart of Jefferson country. Siskiyou County is known for its beautiful scenery, thousands and thousands of acres of national forest, and a myriad of outdoor recreation opportunities including hiking, biking, horseback riding, skiing, trout fishing, golf and more. Make an appointment to see this lovely country home today!
- 2434 sf home, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, built in 2003, but completely remodeled.
- Beautiful spacious custom kitchen: custom built hickory cabinets, granite counter tops, island with prep sink, large pantry with wine fridge, Electrolux appliances!
- Many custom touches in this home including beautiful front porch with fountain, rock hearth with juniper mantle, covered swim spa.
- Large newer two story shop/garage building. Upstairs is a large open game room, with storage down both sides.
- Older, but solid, wooden barn. Maintenance and repairs have been done. Very scenic, storage and tack room.
- Extensive low maintenance low water landscaping, plus several patios & deck to provide many places for entertaining and enjoying the outdoor beauty of this property.
- Bordering government ground!
- Last home on the road. Quiet and peaceful setting with no through traffic.
- Beautiful entry drive bordered by white vinyl fencing.
- Lots of wildlife! Blacktail deer, wild turkeys, quail, and many other native species are regularly seen on this property.
- Plenty of room for horses, cattle, sheep, goats, etc. Could easily a homestead type property!
- Large fully fenced garden & family orchard, with garden boxes, irrigation system, etc, in protected location close to the house.
- Conveniently located, just on the outskirts of Yreka, outside of city limits, but close to shopping, medical care and more.
- Just under an hour from the Medford Airport. 20 minutes from the smaller Siskiyou County Airport.
- Enjoy the beautiful rural setting of Siskiyou County – known for its spectacular scenery, national forests, Marble Mountain Wilderness, Mt. Shasta, and much more!