Sugar Creek Cabin, California
Property Types: Home, Cabin, Recreational
Activities & Amenities
Cabin in the woods! This charming “Bear Creek” Conestoga log cabin sits on 14.7+/- acres a few miles north of Callahan, in rural Siskiyou County, with Sugar Creek running through the property. The cabin is a 408 sf, 1 bedroom, 1 bath cabin, off grid, set up with solar and generator, plus propane appliances. Electricity is at the property, but not hooked up. The land is mostly treed, sloping, with varied terrain and a large clearing. Also included is a Silver Streak RV/Trailer. The property has been used as a summer/vacation home, and is on a well (5 gpm) with a 1500 gallon storage tank, and a small septic system. It’s less than 15 minutes to the small town of Etna, CA.
This part of California is a great place for those who love the moutains and outdoors - you have easy access to the Trinity Alps Wilderness, Russian Wilderness and Marble Mountain Wilderness (all within 45 minutes drive from the property), miles upon miles of Klamath National Forest, Mount Shasta (about an hour away) so there are multiple opportunities for hiking, hunting, fishing, biking, horseback riding, skiing, and more!
Make an appointment for your own tour!
- The property is located not far off Hwy 3, midway between the small towns of Etna and Callahan, Scott Valley.
- The Trinity Alps and Russian Wilderness are both nearby, offering amazing opportunities for hiking, mountain trail riding, trout fishing, deer and black bear hunting.
- The area is called Scott Valley and it's a little hidden piece of paradise, off the beaten path!
- The closest town is about 10-15 minutes away, (Etna, with a population of under 1,00o people) and has a grocery store, bank, several restaurants, school, etc.
- From the house to the county seat of Yreka is about 40-45 minutes drive.
- Yreka is the Siskiyou County seat and has more shopping, a small hospital, and a variety of professional services.