Secret Valley Ranch, California
Property Types: Farms, Ranches, Waterfront, Home, Recreational
Activities & Amenities
Breathtaking wide open spaces in full view of the surrounding mountains, the Secret Valley Ranch is a genuine working cattle and alfalfa ranch. There are 1,461 +/- deeded acres sprawling over the expanses of Lassen County cow country. A big plus is a 103 cow BLM allotment called the Twin Peaks Allotment with a total of 667 AUM and an early turnout of April 16th until October 31st of each year!
- Off the grid, this ranch is well set up with solar-generated energy throughout the farmstead and has a backup diesel generator as well.
- Excellent high yield and high quality alfalfa are grown here.
- The ranch has 260 acres in pivots plus another 40+/- acres that are flood irrigated out of the well. The Reinke pivot is supplied water from a 660' deep well estimated to produce 1,500 +/- GPM. It takes approximately 1,000 GPM to run the pivot.
- The second ag well is 600' deep with an estimated production of 2,500 +/- GPM. The owner has connected the wells and pivots together.
- Both ag wells are powered by 60 HP diesel engines with L head pump drives.
- There is a 150' +/- deep solar stock water well in the center of the ranch that pumps 5 +/- GPM throughout the daytime hours.
- The domestic well is 300' +/- deep with the pump at 120' and produces 30 +/- GPM.
- On the north end of the ranch are numerous natural warm and cold springs. The largest spring irrigates a native meadow of approximately 40 +/- acres.
- Secret Creek flows through about 3/4 mile of the ranch forming ponds and attracting wildlife including migratory ducks and geese as well as resident dove and quail.
- Many trophy mule deer bucks have been harvested on this ranch! The ranch is located in the coveted X5a trophy area and comes with two landowner tags!
Panoramic views are in every direction from just about any part of the ranch. The main house is a very nice 1560 s.f., 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath mfg home with a 24' x 28' garage attached by an enclosed and roomy patio/breezeway room. A second 960 s.f., 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath mfg home with a 24' x 24' garage provides a comfortable second dwelling. The four pole barns include a 250 T, 36' x 96' hay barn, a 14' x 36 equipment barn, a 24' x 48' equipment barn, and a 12' x 36' 3 stall. horse barn. Other outbuildings are a 24 ' x 60' stick built shop with a concrete slab floor and another 24' x 24' garage.