Secret Valley Ranch, California
Property Types: Farms, Ranches, Waterfront, Home, Recreational
Activities & Amenities
Breathtaking wide open spaces in full view of the surrounding mountains, the Secret Valley Ranch is a genuine working cattle and alfalfa ranch. There are 1,461 +/- deeded acres sprawling over the expanses of Lassen County cow country. A big plus is a 103 cow BLM allotment called the Twin Peaks Allotment with a total of 667 AUM and an early turnout of April 16th until October 31st of each year!
- Off the grid, this ranch is well set up with solar-generated energy throughout the farmstead and has a new backup diesel generator as well.
- Excellent high yield and high quality alfalfa are grown here.
- The ranch has 2- 130 pivots acres i plus another 40+/- acres that are flood irrigated out of the well. The pivots are supplied water from a 660' deep well estimated to produce 1,500 +/- GPM. It takes approximately 1,000 GPM to run the pivots.
- The ranch has room for the development of more pivots.
- The second ag well is 600' deep with an estimated production of 2,500 +/- GPM. The owner has connected the wells and pivots together.
- Both ag wells are powered by Cummins diesel engines with L head pump drives.
- There is a 150' +/- deep solar stock water well in the center of the ranch that pumps 5 +/- GPM throughout the daytime hours and supplies stock troughs.
- The domestic well is 300' +/- deep with the pump at 120' and produces 30 +/- GPM.
- On the north end of the ranch are numerous natural warm and cold springs. The largest spring irrigates a native meadow of approximately 40 +/- acres.
- Secret Creek flows through about 3/4 mile of the ranch forming ponds and attracting wildlife including migratory ducks and geese as well as resident dove and quail.
- Many trophy mule deer bucks have been harvested on this ranch! The ranch is located in the coveted X5a trophy area and comes with two landowner tags!
- Panoramic views are in every direction from just about any part of the ranch.
- The main house is a very nice 1560 s.f., 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath mfg home with a 24' x 28' garage attached by an enclosed and roomy patio/breezeway room.
- A second 960 s.f., 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath mfg home with a 24' x 24' garage provides a comfortable second dwelling.
- The four pole barns include a 250 T, 36' x 96' hay barn, a 14' x 36 equipment barn, a 24' x 48' equipment barn, and a 12' x 36' 3 stall. horse barn. Other outbuildings are a 24 ' x 60' stick-built shop with a concrete slab floor and another 24' x 24' garage.