Quartz Valley Retreat, California
Property Types: Ranches, Home, Cabin, Recreational
Activities & Amenities
This inviting and delightful country home sits above a quiet country road overlooking Quartz Valley and offering a front row view of the Marble Mountains and Boulder Peak! Located on 20+ acres, this home has most of the main living area including 3 bedrooms on the ground floor, but also has a very large upstairs bedroom and a large attic space for storage. It has a quaint country feel throughout, with a wood stove and rock hearth in the living room and large windows to enjoy the valley and mountain views. The bathroom has been remodeled and granite countertops were added in the kitchen. An attached two car carport, attached workshop and a garden shed add additional space. The yard is fully fenced, with a spring fed swimming pool and spring fed irrigation for the yard and landscaping. There are fruit trees plus a garden area. There is a large dry lot that's been used for horses which also has a small spring fed bass pond. If you're looking for a low traffic, country home with amazing views, but easily accessible on a paved road, room for horses or animals, make an appointment to see this home today!
- 2,215 sf home, 3 bedrooms downstairs, plus large bonus room upstairs used as 4th bedroom, 1 bath. Built in 1957.
- Attached carport and workshop.
- 20+/-acres, including fenced yard and wire fenced drylot which has been used for horses in the past.
- Utilities include septic, well, spring water and power provided by Pacific Power, hard wired phone.
- There is a fresh water pool in the back yard, and water is then used in irrigating the yard and landscaping.
- Several fruit trees and garden area.
- Small bass pond with sitting area, surrounded by tall pines.
- This property has a front row view to Boulder Peak (approx 8,000 feet elevation), the Mill Creek Bluffs and the Marble Mountain Wilderness. (Part of the Klamath National Forest) It's an easy drive to the Shackleford Trailhead, where you have wilderness hiking to Campbell and Cliff Lakes, as well as many others. This is primitive wilderness, only allowing hiking or horseback riding.
- Located in the small valley of Quartz Valley, on the northwest edge of Scott Valley. Approx. 20 minutes to the small towns of Etna and Fort Jones, 30 minutes to the Siskiyou County seat of Yreka.
- Far northern California, Siskiyou County, locally often called the state of Jefferson. Just over an hour from Ashland and Medford, Oregon.
- Quiet and peaceful rural living, with many opportunities for outdoor recreation!