Mule Ranch, California
Property Types: Farms, Ranches, Home
Activities & Amenities
Productive alfalfa ranch! 1234.2 +/- total acres of land with 529 +/- currently in crop production. The two Valley pivots irrigate the newest alfalfa stand planted in 2020 and coming into its first season of production. The two Reinke pivots irrigate an older stand of alfalfa roughly 5 years old. There are also two wheel lines irrigating the remaining portion of the alfalfa. Water for irrigation comes from 3 wells with electric turbines. There is also a 600 ton hay barn built in 2016 and a 4 bedroom 1 bath home in need of work. The remaining 700 +/- acres not in production are a mixture of level high desert type terrain (which may have potential for future development and production expansion) and some steep hillside. Great area for wildlife too. Located right outside Doris, CA, this ranch has easy access to Hwy 97, a trucking thoroughfare, for convenient distribution of product. Ask for a complete package!
- The acreage totals 1,234.2+/- acres with approx. 529 acres in alfalfa. There is approx. 130 acres more that could potentially be developed further. The remaining acreage is hillside and high desert land – great for wildlife, hunting, hiking, horseback riding and general outdoor recreation!
- There is a newer 600 ton capacity pole barn, built in 2006 and an older two story 4 bedroom home, which could be a great remodel project.
- Irrigation is from well water. There are 3 wells. The fields are irrigated with two Valley pivots, two Reinke pivots and two wheelines.
- Located just outside of Dorris, CA, in Siskiyou County, far northern CA, just over a 20 minute drive to Klamath Falls, OR on Hwy 97.
- Tulelake/Klamath Wildlife Refuges are nearby for excellent waterfowl hunting opportunities.
- Siskiyou County offers abundant outdoor recreation opportunities including hunting, hiking, biking, skiing, fishing and more!