MJ Home Ranch, California
Property Types: Farms, Ranches, Waterfront, Home, Recreational
Activities & Amenities
This premium 962 acre hay ranch has it all. 3 homes, 3 hay barns, animal barn, shop, ranch office, river frontage, pond, small lake, all farm ground is flood irrigated, hunting and fishing. Located in the heart of Big Valley at an elevation of 4100 ft. The ranch is in two parts. Impressive 624 flood irrigated acres. All in the Williamson Act.
- The ranch is in two parts. The main ranch consists of 709 +/- acres with 624 farmable acres. Growing orchard grass, alfalfa and some winter wheat. 253 +/- acres lay just North West of the main ranch and is encumbered with a WRP Conservation Easement. Used for grazing and hunting.
- The main ranch house is a stunning custom home with 2980 +/- sf of living space with 2 bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths.
- Open kitchen, living and dining room with vaulted wood and beam ceilings. Huge stone fire place in living area, smaller stone gas fire place in dining area. All with view of lake.
- Fabulous gourmet kitchen has granite counters, 5 burner gas cook top in large island w/bar sink. Dual microwaves, dual ovens and subzero refrigerator.
- Both dining and living area's have huge glass sliders opening to covered outdoor entertainment area featuring built in BBQ, smoker, small refrigerator and flat screen T.V. over stone gas fireplace plus center fire pit.
- Master bedroom suite also has stone gas fireplace, private covered deck, corner jacuzzi, dual shower, dual sinks and oversized walk-in closet with stack washer/dryer hook-ups.
- Guest suite has private bath and covered deck.
- Nice office overlooking grounds and lake could be 3rd bedroom.
- Laundry room has oversized deep sink, stack washer/dryer hookup, freezer space and pantry. Floor to ceiling open shower doubles as dog wash.
- Guest house has open living area with 2 bedrooms, one bath and upstairs loft.
- Both homes have beautiful lawns to lake, with a walking bridge featuring stone lighted pillars on each end and wide ramp to large dock.
- The 20 acre lake has 2 islands, concrete boat launch, picnic area with fire pit. The lake and river are loaded with waterfowl and fish.
- The 3rd home is located at the ranch main entry, with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, covered porches and nice yard.
- The ranch is fully fenced and has just over 1 mile of Pit River frontage.
- Irrigating the ranch is not a problem, with 5 wells, 2 pond pumps, ditch pump and a river pump with documented water rights.
- Two 3,000 sf metal hay barns, 5,760 sf pole barn, 24 x 40 pole barn, 24 x 36 storage barn, 40 x 40 shop and 300 sf custom office converted from old scale house
- Waterfowl hunting is phenomenal. With 2 man blinds located along the river and lake.
- Fishing is also a great sport on the ranch, not only in the river, but the lake and pond as well.