Hat Creek Ranch, California
Property Types: Farms, Ranches, Waterfront, Home, Cabin, Recreational
Activities & Amenities
Hat Creek runs through this amazing setting. 284 acres with 5 homes, 85 acres flood irrigated hay fields, 3 fresh water ponds, shop and barn. This is a fly fisherman's dream, with year-round Hat Creek flowing around main home then passing under the bridge then between two guest cabins. Entering the property, you will pass through large lava flows before you reach the main home and guest cabins nestled in large pines and green lawns. The ponds are stocked with trout, and are a delight not only for fishing, but swimming and small boats as well. The ranch has water rights from Hat Creek to flood irrigate the fields and feed the ponds via a gated diversion ditch. There is also an ag well to supplement the irrigation system.
- Fly fishing at it's finest, and is a destination for anglers to rent the cabins through the fly shop in Redding.
- The main home sits on a slight rise, overlooking the creek on two sides. The two-story home offers 2,422 sf of living space. First floor has large living area with lava rock fireplace, wonderful windows capturing views of creek. Wood floors in open dining and kitchen area along with wood stove on rock hearth. Large laundry with ½ bath. There are two bedrooms upstairs, each with their own bath. Covered porches, front and back, perfect for enjoying this amazing property.
- Beautiful lawns sweeping down to the creek, all on automatic irrigation system.
- Several peaceful sitting areas along creek, set to soak up the sun or relax in the shade, overall to enjoy your surroundings.
- The first cabin overlooks the creek, and offers 1 bedroom and 1 bath with sleeping loft upstairs. Beautiful wood floors in living area and kitchen.
- Over the bridge sits the second cabin with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, large living, dining and full kitchen.
- The barn is just south east of the main home. There is also a hobby room attached to the barn.
- Fenced in animal pasture can be irrigated with handline.
- There is a shop and storage building behind the second cabin.
- The two rental homes have a separate entrance from the highway.
- There are several roads throughout the ranch, connecting the ponds, hay fields and homes.
- The property borders BLM to the North and East.
- This one of a kind property is a delightful surprise, and will be a treasure to the new owner.