Guntly Ranch, California
Property Types: Farms, Ranches, Home, Recreational
Activities & Amenities
The 332 acre Guntly Ranch is situated on the south slope of the mountain range separating Ukiah Valley from Potter Valley with easy year round access off Highway 20. Approaching the Ranch’s Headquarters from the Main Entrance the driveway is hemmed in by the neighboring manicured vineyards until the green grounds of the Headquarter presents itself at the foot of the valley floor with its hilly backdrop and rock outcroppings in the far distant. The Ranch immediately signals good stewardship with its tidy grounds and facetious care being evident throughout.
The improvements are modest yet perfectly fitting for their purpose and will serve the new Owner well. The Main House is inviting and functional with a lovely newly built covered deck in back. The Shop is just a short stroll next door organized in a way that only a working rancher or farmer could appreciate while also hosting a well appointed studio on the second floor. The Caretaker/Guest House is subtle, neat and far enough away to insure privacy for all parties.
Te Ranch has been historically been used as both a sheep and cattle operation with a recent emphasis in the last 25 years on wildlife management to propagate the native wildlife including Tule Elk, Blacktail Deer, wild turkey and other species for recreational purposes as well as for the pleasure in be witness to this bounty of nature.
In addition, at one time an extensive Sporting Clay Course had been set up and operated. The new Owner could carry on with these uses are explore other avenues of development including vineyards or orchards, specialty livestock, equestrian arena, recreational pursuits, etc.. With both water be abundant and ample good ground, the possibilities are endless.
- 332 acres consisting of two(2) Legal Parcels (170 acres & 162 acres) within 10-12 minutes of Ukiah, Redwood Valley and Blue Lake
- Approximately 7 acres currently under irrigation though expandable by another 10-13 acres of irrigated ground alongside the Cold Creek drainage the meanders through the front of the Ranch
- The remaining 300+ acres is ideal hillside pasture ground rising up from the valley floor in long fingers separated by deep canyons providing good grazing and ideal wildlife habitat
- Diverse topography starting flat at the at the Ranch’s Headquarters and then changing to rolling oak strewn hills and eventually sweeping up the south slope of the mountain range that separates Ukiah from Potter Valley
- Abundance of water with Cold Creek going thru over a mile of the Ranch. Cold Creek is charged by the waters of Blue Lake which is directly east of the Ranch. Though Cold Creek’s flow goes underground at times in the summer there is a substantial underground flow. One Ag well that taps into this incredible underground flow/acquirer is reported to produce over 200 GPM+ year round, two(2) other wells and several springs with the springs serving the bulk of the domestic needs with 5000 gallon storage
- Incredible wildlife corridor with the Ranch once being part of a much larger California Fish &Wildlife Private Land Management Unit (PLM) wherein transferrable Tule Elk tags were issued to Owner which he then sold to hunters for a premium. In addition to Tule Elk, the Ranch is known for its healthy blacktail deer population, wild turkey, quail, grouse, wild hog and other species
- Ranch at an extensive Sporting Clay Course set up on the Valley Floor at one time and could be revamped with little effort
- The Guntly Ranch Headquarters comprises the Main Ranch House 4 bedrooms, 2 Baths with Outside Deck and Veranda (1750 Sq. Ft.), Guest/Caretakers House 2 Bedrooms, 1 1/2 Bath (732 Sq. Ft.), Ranch Workshop (2100 Sq. Ft.) with Studio Apartment (1000 Sq. Ft.) and number Outbuildings - all in immaculate condition