Walter Hatchett has been advising plantation, farmland, ranch, and timberland investors for over 27 years. He was formerly Chief Land Manager for Rock Creek Capital based out of Jacksonville, Florida, and had been there since its inception. While in charge of acquisitions, he personally looked at over 500,000 acres of high quality land and directly advised the senior partner. Notable properties include the single transaction purchase of 165,000 acres of timberland which was the largest timberland sale in the Southeast for eight years, the 10,000-acre A-Cross Ranch in Wyoming, which is regarded as one of the top three fly fishing ranches in the lower 48 states, and Southlands Plantation, which is the former showplace for International Paper. Walter has an extensive knowledge of land and the respect of brokers, foresters, and others in this business. In October 2018, Walter received the prestigious Realtors Land Institute Accredited Land Consultant (ALC) Designation and has officially joined an elite group of over 500 land specialists who hold this designation across the globe. As an ALC, Walter has access to the best industry knowledge, an unprecedented network of fellow land professionals, and a variety of resources to help best serve clients.
Walter is a particularly noted turkey hunter and has won the prestigious Georgia Florida Turkey Invitational four times. He has personally guided Former Florida Governor Lawton Chiles, a Supreme Court Justice, and a who’s who of successful businessmen. He is also a noted bow-hunter, and some of his exploits have been featured on several television shows and videos. He has a very strong faith and love of God and country, as evidenced in a partnership with a friend in establishing the Red Hills Wounded Warrior Group, Inc., a non-profit group for America's wounded warriors that organizes outdoor hunting and fishing events for our country's heroes.
In October 2018, Walter received the prestigious Realtors Land Institute Accredited Land Consultant (ALC) Designation and has officially joined an elite group of over 500 land specialists who hold this designation across the globe. As an Accredited Land Consultant, Walter has access to the best industry knowledge, an unprecedented network of fellow land professionals, and a multitude of resources to help best serve clients. In March 2019, Walter was recognized as an APEX 2018 Top 20 National Producer by the REALTORS® Land Institute as a part of the RLI APEX Production Awards Program.
“Quite frankly, few people in this specialty niche today command the professional respect that Walter has, nor do they have Walter's experience in understanding and recognizing the value of plantations, ranches, and high quality timberlands. Jon Kohler & Associates is very proud to have him as part of our team, and our clients will benefit greatly.”
- Jon Kohler, Jon Kohler & Associates
"I’ve known Walter Hatchett since 2008 when I purchased Honey Lake Plantation. He is as knowledgeable about land, wildlife, and timber as any person I’ve met and he helped me immeasurably in getting it established. What I admire most about him however is his honesty, integrity, and dedication to his God and his family."
-Bob Williamson, Founder , The Jesus Alliance
"It has been my pleasure to work with Walter Hatchett for more than 25 years. As a highly valued member of our team, he was instrumental in providing sound advice and enhancement implementation on more than 300,000 acres of the land we have owned and managed. Walter is both a friend and professional colleague. He has a unique expertise in identifying value and implementing decisions for the long-term enhancement of land investments. I am confident he will do the same for his future clients."
- Arthur L. Cahoon, CEO, Rock Creek Capital
- Listing StatusAvailableA Tecomate Signature property; 2,286.62-acre Turn-key Plantation, Lee County, GA; Beautiful 75+/- ac. Lake, One of Area’s Biggest 15 +/- acre Lake at Lodge; 2 Miles of Frontage on Fox Creek; Over 50 years of Wild Quail Management; No. 1 County in GA for Trophy — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailable350 acres high-quality deer recreational property located in Worth County, GA Managed for Trophy Whitetail Deer and Turkey Borders other large landowners and In a neighborhood of adjoining plantations 1,250 feet of frontage on Jones Creek, including mature hardwoods Good roads throughout, including live oak — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailable338 acres 5,500 SF dining assembly hall with furnished commercial kitchen; walk-in Coolers; secured supply storage; rear-covered porch seating overlooking beautiful Spirit Spring; counselor office; bunk area; restrooms 30’X60’ fenced pool; pool house with restrooms; changing area; camper storage cubbies; covered/shaded pavilion with picnic seating — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableTurkey Ridge Plantation consists of 393 acres in Jackson County, Florida, located in area of other timber land and ranches 11 miles south of I-10 in Marianna. Property includes gorgeous hardwood creek drains with beautiful magnolias, beautiful rolling topography with 130 foot-plus elevation changes, areas — Read more
- Listing StatusUnder Contract• 109.101 acres recreation property, gentleman’s farm located in Decatur County, GA • 23 miles to Tallahassee; 16 miles to Bainbridge; 40 miles to Thomasville • 1,680 sq ft home with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths • Gated paved driveway entrance • Equipment shed • — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailable253+/- acres in Jackson County, Florida; Located in area of other timberland and ranches 11 miles south of I-10 in Marianna; Areas of gorgeous hardwood creek drains with beautiful magnolias; Beautiful rolling topography with 130 foot-plus elevation changes; Areas of gorgeous hardwood ravines with mixed — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailable140+/- acres in Jackson County, Florida; Located in area of other timberland and ranches 11 miles south of I-10 in Marianna; Areas of gorgeous hardwood creek drains with beautiful magnolias; Beautiful rolling topography with 130 foot-plus elevation changes; Areas of gorgeous hardwood ravines with mixed — Read more