Tim James is a native of the Alabama Black Belt Region and grew up in Greenville, Alabama. In his youth, Tim spent significant time at the James’ Family Plantation located just 20 minutes from his childhood home. This haven is where Tim spent most of his youth, which instilled in him a great appreciation for the value of land and the importance of its conservation. Tim is from a long line of outdoorsmen and learned a great deal from his father and grandfather. He saw firsthand what it meant to be a good land steward. He believes land is so much more than a place to hunt, fish, and grow timber or crops. It is an identity, a resting place, a safe haven and way of life.
Tim’s family ties to the Alabama Black Belt Region run deep. His grandfather was Fob James Jr., a popular two-‐term Alabama governor and his father was also a gubernatorial candidate in 2010. During his grandfather’s first term, Governor James was responsible for signing into law Alabama’s first state duck stamp which helped to ensure funding for the procurement, development and preservation of wetlands for migratory waterfowl habitat. He also established Alabama’s lifetime hunting license, so it is no surprise that Tim is an avid hunter.
Tim earned his BS Degree from the University of Mississippi in Managerial Finance. In 2011, he held a Series 7 and Series 66 license working in the investment advisory industry. It was there, while working in the financial pubic markets that he learned how important it is to maintain a high level of care when handling investors and their investments. Those experiences have well prepared him to handle the specialty niche of selling high quality land to high net worth individuals.
Tim now resides in Mobile, Alabama with his wife Ann Turner James and newborn son Tim James III. For the past five years, he has worked with a regional air conditioning and power generator business specializing in residential service and replacements.
Tim grew up knowing and loving the land and people of Alabama. This area rivals that of land located anywhere in the country. He feels his background and knowledge of high quality land well equips him to represent this market in the state of Alabama. He considers it a dream to be able to leverage that passion and join Jon Kohler and Associates to represent the Black Belt Region.
- Listing StatusAvailable900+/- Acres in an A+ Location Adjacent to Highway 59 in Baldwin County, AL. Great Deer & Turkey Hunting and professionally managed Timber! Significant Future Higher and Better Use due to its Prime Location for Development. Just 15 minutes to Spanish Fort, 30 minutes to — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableClansy Creek Farm is an 858 acre A+ recreational property but with additional benefits of wealth preservation, a financial hedge, and a safe retreat to one of the most wholesome places in the Southeastern United States! Off-the-grid solar powered lodging, abundance of water, end of — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableJust 30 Minutes to Fairhope & downtown Mobile! Exceptional Recreation & Timberland Property with significant Future Development Possibilities! Sibley Creek South is 500+/- acres uniquely located on County road 39 just north of the Stapleton Community in Baldwin County, Alabama. Located just 15 minutes from — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableExcellent Recreational & Timberland Property with Significant Future Development Possibilities! Just 30 minutes to Fairhope and downtown Mobile and 1 hour to Alabama's white sandy beaches! Sibley Creek North is 400+/- acres uniquely located adjacent to Highway 59 near the Stapleton Community in Baldwin County, — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableClansy Creek West is 406 acre premier hunting & timber property located in Crenshaw County, Alabama. The nearest town is Luverne and the property is within 30 minutes to the University town of Troy, an hour from Montgomery, and 2 hours to Destin, Florida. This — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailablePleasant Ridge Plantation circa 1838 Pleasant Ridge provides more than a pleasing prospect. We are talking about a historical, an architectural, and a landscape ensemble that is the ideal in the real. The past and present day experiences of this plantation property cause for greater — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableHunter Farms is a beautiful 169.59+/- Acre Mini-Plantation located in the Heart of the Alabama Black Belt in Dallas County, Alabama. Manicured landscaping surrounds the homeplace which includes a well-appointed 1968 SF cabin with 2 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms, large great room with wood — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldWhite Oak Valley Plantation is the Ultimate in Luxury Recreation just 40 minutes from Birmingham; It Offers the Best in Class Hunting & Fishing, Metropolitan Sophistication, and Development Potential Unmatched in Investment Grade Recreational Properties. Visit JonKohler.com for full listing details, photos, & key takeaways — Read more
- Listing StatusSold1,088-acre Premier Turn-key Recreational Farm, High Fenced & managed for Trophy Whitetails, Exceptional Custom Lodge with sprawling views of Beautiful Manicured Grounds; Perhaps the finest Trophy Whitetail Hunting & Entertainment Property of its size in Alabama Big Lowndes County Whitetails combined with the finest Northern — Read more