As someone who loves the outdoors and agriculture, Scott is excited to be part of the California Outdoor Properties team. Born and raised until his teen years in Santa Cruz County, Scott started his life-long interest in farming and ranching at age 11 through participation in a 4-H Beef project. During high school in Ojai, Scott had the opportunity to visit a variety of beef and sheep operations while serving as a foreign exchange student in Melbourne, Australia, and as a college undergraduate spent a year of study in Zaria, Nigeria. After graduate school, for nearly 10 years early in his professional career Scott worked with 4-H and other Cooperative Extension Service program staff at US Department of Agriculture in Washington, DC; National 4-H Council in Chevy Chase, Maryland; and at the Massachusetts 4-H Foundation in Ashland.
Returning to California in the late 80s, Scott spent five years in Real Estate sales in San Diego and Shasta counties before embarking on a 15-year career as a management and strategic planning consultant and trainer, including the teaching of nonprofit organization management courses at three universities. With a daughter who loved riding as a teenager, Scott willingly got roped into feeding, grooming and hauling horses to shows for several years. He also has a married son and three grandchildren. When not at work Scott enjoys hiking, running, boating, architecture, and travel.
Email Scott: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Listing StatusSoldImagine a Virginia horse farm set down a couple miles east of central Palo Cedro, and you will get the flavor of this sophisticated yet rural estate. From the gated entrance set between stone pillars to the curving driveway lined with wildflowers and shade trees, — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldThis ranch is a rare find, just waiting for your attention. A fifth-generation holding for a cattle-raising family, the 975 acres includes grasslands, rolling hills, rocky promontories, ponds, deep swimming holes, and even an island. Historically running up to 90 pair during the winter grazing — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableHere is a special property--more than 40 acres of land bordering the Sacramento River in Anderson, including an approximately 22-surface acre, spring-fed, stocked water-skiing and wake-boarding pond. The approximately 1,880 sq.ft. 3-bedroom, 2-bath home with custom features and amenities built in 2005 is set on — Read more
- Listing StatusUnder ContractSettle into this private country property with a variety of features and amenities for a family that loves the outdoors. This property is great for the gentleman farmer or 4-H family that wants to raise livestock, grow a large garden, harvest the grapes from the — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldWelcome to a spacious California hacienda style home on more than 68 acres of mostly level land suitable for a variety of crops. Large valley oaks surrounding the home, covered patios, and outside decks all encourage outdoor living. The approximately 4,788 sq.ft. home provides plenty — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldHere is a quiet and secluded estate in excellent condition on nearly 10 beautiful acres bordering Cow Creek. The approximately 2,485 sq. ft. Palo Cedro home features 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, formal living and dining rooms, eat-in kitchen, and an office/hobby room. All rooms have — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldHow often do you find a thoroughly well-planned and efficient ranch operation that also has a neat-as-a-pin and updated main ranch house and adjacent guest house, all set back off a quiet country road and surrounded by nice properties? No deferred maintenance here! This nearly — Read more