As someone who loves the outdoors and agriculture, Scott is excited to be part of the California Outdoor Properties team. Born and raised until his teen years in Santa Cruz County, Scott started his life-long interest in farming and ranching at age 11 through participation in a 4-H Beef project. During high school in Ojai, Scott had the opportunity to visit a variety of beef and sheep operations while serving as a foreign exchange student in Melbourne, Australia, and as a college undergraduate spent a year of study in Zaria, Nigeria. After graduate school, for nearly 10 years early in his professional career Scott worked with 4-H and other Cooperative Extension Service program staff at US Department of Agriculture in Washington, DC; National 4-H Council in Chevy Chase, Maryland; and at the Massachusetts 4-H Foundation in Ashland.
Returning to California in the late 80s, Scott spent five years in Real Estate sales in San Diego and Shasta counties before embarking on a 15-year career as a management and strategic planning consultant and trainer, including the teaching of nonprofit organization management courses at three universities. With a daughter who loved riding as a teenager, Scott willingly got roped into feeding, grooming and hauling horses to shows for several years. He also has a married son and three grandchildren. When not at work Scott enjoys hiking, running, boating, architecture, and travel.
Email Scott: email@example.com
- Listing StatusAvailableHere is an opportunity to take advantage of approximately 2,800 acres of pristine California landscape for cattle grazing, hunting, or just getting away from it all. Situated roughly 21 miles north and west of Red Bluff off of Highway 36, the fully-fenced Heritage Ranch has — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableIn the same family since the 1970s, it is time for the owner to retire. Hard-to-find 120 acres of ranch/farm land in Los Molinos with 82+/- acres of ditch-irrigated pasture and another 38 +/- acres unirrigated--all fronting on paved Shasta Blvd.. Once home to a — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableThis property represents the best of gracious living in the Dairyville/Los Molinos area. Comprised of two separate parcels totaling 27.34 acres, Bar-O-Bar Ranch includes approximately 11 acres of home site and fenced pasture, and another 16 acres of productive Chandler walnut orchard. The light and — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableEXTRAORDINARY is the word that comes to mind when viewing this home for the first time! Set on a high point of the 8-acre parcel, and commanding territorial views of Mt. Shasta to the north and Lassen Peak to the east, this amazing contemporary farmhouse — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldThis ranch is a rare find, just waiting for your attention. A fifth-generation holding for a cattle-raising family, the 975 acres includes grasslands, rolling hills, rocky promontories, ponds, deep swimming holes, and even an island. Historically running up to 90 pair during the winter grazing — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableNestled between the Ishi Wilderness and a 19,000 acre ranch, the 1600+ acres of Mill Creek Wilderness constitute a primitive and beautiful preserve that appears not to have changed over thousands of years. Once home to a band of Native Americans and with nearly 4 — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldSettle into this private country property with a variety of features and amenities for a family that loves the outdoors. This property is great for the gentleman farmer or 4-H family that wants to raise livestock, grow a large garden, harvest the grapes from the — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldWelcome to a spacious California hacienda style home on more than 68 acres of mostly level land suitable for a variety of crops. Large valley oaks surrounding the home, covered patios, and outside decks all encourage outdoor living. The approximately 4,788 sq.ft. home provides plenty — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableThis 20.6-acre Sacramento riverfront property zoned AG-2 has income from 18.6+/- acres of Chandler walnuts, and from a nice 3/2 manufactured home with a detached two-car garage. The main residence itself is a 3,176+/- 4/3 modern home with upgraded kitchen, sunken living room, upstairs bedroom — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldHere is a quiet and secluded estate in excellent condition on nearly 10 beautiful acres bordering Cow Creek. The approximately 2,485 sq. ft. Palo Cedro home features 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, formal living and dining rooms, eat-in kitchen, and an office/hobby room. All rooms have — Read more