Jon Kohler’s professional career is dedicated to the specialty brokerage, advising, and marketing of plantation, ranches and recreational land. Named "The Plantation Broker" by Garden & Gun and the "Plantation King" by Deep South Magazine, his passion for conservation has led him to develop a unique market niche representing landowners who practice good land stewardship and marketing these properties world-wide.
Jon is a member of both the Florida and Montana Bar and has a Juris Doctorate from Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan and a Bachelor’s Degree in both Real Estate and Small Business Management from Florida State University. He first obtained his salesman’s license 27 years ago after discovering his passion for unique, environmentally sensitive land and sporting properties. He founded Jon Kohler & Associates in 1991.
In 2008, when he couldn’t find a marketing firm that understood the nuances of marketing unique properties to high net worth individuals he co-founded Plantation Marketing Group. It is the only company of its kind to focus on this specialty niche. In 2014, Jon co- founded LandLeader ®
Jon and his partner, Erica, have personally closed over 200,000 acres and $410,000,000 in sales since 2010 alone. Today, Jon is regarded as one of the most experienced high quality land brokers and marketers in the Southeast.
Jon shares a passion for land stewardship along with most of his clients. He and his family own a conservation property south of Thomasville on the Aucilla River where they also raise grass fed Angus.
Jon serves on the national board of Pheasants/Quail Forever which is the nation's largest non-profit organization dedicated to upland habitat conservation having more than 140,000 members and spent more than $702M on habitat since its conception. Jon and Erica are both life members of the NRA and Jon is also one of the original Tall Timbers' "100 Stewards of the Red Hills".
“Jon and his team at Jon Kohler and Associates are truly the most knowledgeable land brokers in the Southeast. Jon Kohler and Associates have a proven track record of providing their clients with the most experience, professionalism and marketing. It is truly a pleasure work closely with such a great land company! “ Dax Hayden, National Director Land Leader, LLC.
- Listing StatusAvailableOne of the Finest Horse Ranches in North Florida A Little of Everything One Would Expect on a Horse Property, and More! The Pittman Ranch, 96± acres located in Washington County, Florida, is one of the finest horse ranches in North Florida. The property has — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableHigh Quality Recreational and Timber Property Located in the Red Hills Plantation Belt; Just 40 Minutes from Thomasville and Tallahassee. This Property is Not Full Recreation and It’s Not Full Timber; It is a Great Hybrid of both! Arrowhead Forest is a 1,174± acre recreation — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableDesigned for Those that Love Entertaining & Have a Passion for the Outdoors & Wildlife! 443 +/- acre High-fenced Recreational Property with All the Amenities Ready to Step in and Enjoy and Entertain, Located Just 23 Minutes from Tallahassee! From the moment you pull through — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableOne of the Last Great Examples Showcasing the Natural Beauty of Florida's Coastal Plain! T&T Ranch is a beautiful 471 +/- acre high fenced property, with a very nice enclosed barn with a section converted to a "Barndominium" living space. There are a ton of — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableOne of the Top Privately Held Properties in Taylor County A Good Social Storm Property; Great Hunting, Massive Amounts of Timber, Ponds, Surrounded by Large Landowners, and Located Just 27 Miles to Steinhatchee Fairway Forest is a 460+/- acre recreational and timber property and an — Read more
- Listing StatusUnder ContractOne of the most Unique hunting properties in Florida. The Gulf Coast Hammocks of Dixie County are some of America’s most unique ecosystems. From the first Spanish stories of La Florida, this area has been legendary for its wildlife. It’s been known for its hunting — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableOne-of-a Kind Thomas County Trophy Buck Powerplay One of Those Rare Tracts, A Gentleman’s Farm with High Quality Wildlife and Good Timber Returns Located in a Neighborhood of Farmland, Recreational Tracts, and Plantations Fort Dallas is a 182± acre gentleman's farm and Social Storm property — Read more
- Listing StatusUnder ContractHixstown Hammock is a 384± acre recreation and timber property conveniently located just ten minutes west of the historic town of Madison, among the hunting plantations and ranches that Madison County is know for. Aside from minor hunting, this property has been set aside and — Read more