Jon Kohler’s professional career is dedicated to the specialty brokerage, advising, and marketing of plantation, ranches and recreational land. Named "The Plantation Broker" by Garden & Gun and the "Plantation King" by Deep South Magazine, his passion for conservation has led him to develop a unique market niche representing landowners who practice good land stewardship and marketing these properties world-wide.
Jon is a member of both the Florida and Montana Bar and has a Juris Doctorate from Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan and a Bachelor’s Degree in both Real Estate and Small Business Management from Florida State University. He first obtained his salesman’s license 27 years ago after discovering his passion for unique, environmentally sensitive land and sporting properties. He founded Jon Kohler & Associates in 1991.
In 2008, when he couldn’t find a marketing firm that understood the nuances of marketing unique properties to high net worth individuals he co-founded Plantation Marketing Group. It is the only company of its kind to focus on this specialty niche. In 2014, Jon co- founded LandLeader ®
Jon and his partner, Erica, have personally closed over 200,000 acres and $410,000,000 in sales since 2010 alone. Today, Jon is regarded as one of the most experienced high quality land brokers and marketers in the Southeast.
Jon shares a passion for land stewardship along with most of his clients. He and his family own a conservation property south of Thomasville on the Aucilla River where they also raise grass fed Angus.
Jon serves on the national board of Pheasants/Quail Forever which is the nation's largest non-profit organization dedicated to upland habitat conservation having more than 140,000 members and spent more than $702M on habitat since its conception. Jon and Erica are both life members of the NRA and Jon is also one of the original Tall Timbers' "100 Stewards of the Red Hills".
“Jon and his team at Jon Kohler and Associates are truly the most knowledgeable land brokers in the Southeast. Jon Kohler and Associates have a proven track record of providing their clients with the most experience, professionalism and marketing. It is truly a pleasure work closely with such a great land company! “ Dax Hayden, National Director Land Leader, LLC.
- Listing StatusAvailableFlorida’s Flagship Riverfront Property, with nearly 4.4 miles on the World Famous Suwannee River One of the Largest, if not the Largest, Privately Held Properties on the Suwannee River With nearly 4.4 miles on the world-famous Suwannee River and one of the finest examples of — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableLake Hatchineha Ranch is a 1,620 acre private ranch that is the culmination of years of strategic planning on how to save one of Central Florida’s last most beautiful natural ecosystems. Once a portion of the well-known Stokes Ranch, visionary landowners of the past preserved — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableRare Opportunity on a Private Waterfront Mini-Plantation Featuring a World-Class Custom Home Located Less than 15 Miles to Charleston This is One of the Largest Acreage Estates within this Proximity to Charleston – Beautiful Picturesque Property Surrounded by Parks & Conservation Land, with Frontage and — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableThe Double Barrel Ranch is a beautiful, pastoral property with far and away one of the finest homes in North Florida. Located in one of the top equestrian communities in the Southeast, The Oaks, this 140± acre property has a rolling pastoral setting, beautiful live — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailable2± Miles Frontage on the World Famous Suwannee River, Untouched River Front Hardwoods, and Highly Productive, Intensively Managed Pine Stands Ideal blend of aesthetics, recreation, timber, and river frontage Boasting 2± miles on the World-famous Suwannee River, the 1,490± acre Suwannee River Camp is Ideal — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailable2,966 Acre Timber and Recreational Property in Levy County, FL. The property is owned by seller of a large regional sawmill; the smaller details in management have resulted in Major Differences, this isn’t a typical timber Tract. The property is planted with the finest, fastest — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableHigh Quality Recreational and Timber Property Located in the Red Hills Plantation Belt; Just 40 Minutes from Thomasville and Tallahassee. This Property is Not Full Recreation and It’s Not Full Timber; It is a Great Hybrid of both! Arrowhead Forest is a 1,174± acre recreation — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableTen C’s Plantation is a 598± acre high quality recreational property located off Sundown Creek Road, which is arguable one of the most scenic areas of North Florida. The property has beautiful live oaks, rolling topography, ponds, fertile soils, exceptional ecotones, great wildlife, and exceptional — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableHigh Quality Recreational and Timber Property Located in the Red Hills Plantation Belt; Just 40 Minutes from Thomasville and Tallahassee. This Property is Not Full Recreation and It’s Not Full Timber; It is a Great Hybrid of both! Arrowhead Forest West is a 660± acre — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableOne of the Top Privately Held Properties in Taylor County A Good Social Storm Property; Great Hunting, Massive Amounts of Timber, Ponds, Surrounded by Large Landowners, and Located Just 27 Miles to Steinhatchee Fairway Forest is a 460+/- acre recreational and timber property and an — Read more