Jon Kohler’s professional career is dedicated to the specialty brokerage, advising, and marketing of plantation, ranches and recreational land. Named "The Plantation Broker" by Garden & Gun and the "Plantation King" by Deep South Magazine, his passion for conservation has led him to develop a unique market niche representing landowners who practice good land stewardship and marketing these properties world-wide.
Jon is a member of both the Florida and Montana Bar and has a Juris Doctorate from Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan and a Bachelor’s Degree in both Real Estate and Small Business Management from Florida State University. He first obtained his salesman’s license 27 years ago after discovering his passion for unique, environmentally sensitive land and sporting properties. He founded Jon Kohler & Associates in 1991.
In 2008, when he couldn’t find a marketing firm that understood the nuances of marketing unique properties to high net worth individuals he co-founded Plantation Marketing Group. It is the only company of its kind to focus on this specialty niche. In 2014, Jon co- founded LandLeader ®
Jon and his partner, Erica, have personally closed over 200,000 acres and $410,000,000 in sales since 2010 alone. Today, Jon is regarded as one of the most experienced high quality land brokers and marketers in the Southeast.
Jon shares a passion for land stewardship along with most of his clients. He and his family own a conservation property south of Thomasville on the Aucilla River where they also raise grass fed Angus.
Jon serves on the national board of Pheasants/Quail Forever which is the nation's largest non-profit organization dedicated to upland habitat conservation having more than 140,000 members and spent more than $702M on habitat since its conception. Jon and Erica are both life members of the NRA and Jon is also one of the original Tall Timbers' "100 Stewards of the Red Hills".
“Jon and his team at Jon Kohler and Associates are truly the most knowledgeable land brokers in the Southeast. Jon Kohler and Associates have a proven track record of providing their clients with the most experience, professionalism and marketing. It is truly a pleasure work closely with such a great land company! “ Dax Hayden, National Director Land Leader, LLC.
- Listing StatusAvailablePerhaps the Best Example of an Equally Balanced Plantation Designed for Entertainment and Outdoor Recreation Thomasville Plantation With Unique 18,000 sq ft Architecturally Significant Home Built in 1910 by John Archbold, Designed for Entertaining and Recently Updated Over 5 Miles on the Ochlocknee River Bluffs, — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableOne of the Largest High-Fenced Properties in North Florida With a Private Lake and Lodge, Turnkey Located 30 Minutes from Jacksonville International Airport Quail Creek Plantation is a 1,726 +/- acre turnkey high-fence plantation in Nassau County, Florida. It is one of the largest high-fenced — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailable432 +/- acre Plantation on the Florida Side of the Red Hills Plantation Belt Featuring a 56 acre Lake and Bordered by a 12,000 acre Plantation. Already Platted for 39 Home Sites A Strategic Land Acquisition, One of the Last Undeveloped Properties Left in Highly — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailable1,423 +/- acres Wild Quail Plantation in the Thomasville and Tallahassee quail belt. Priced at Only $3,360 per acre, which is 32% below 2018 Appraisal! An Unbelievable value for a wild-quail plantation in the Red Hills! Recently Undergone an Intensive habitat re-Capitalization following modern management — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableHigh Quality Recreational Ranch Beautiful Cattle and Horse Farm, Event Venue, and Higher and Better Use Established Pastures, Fencing for Cattle, Pecan Trees, Old Growth Hardwoods, and a Restored and Renovated 1925 Sears Roebuck Barn Bremen Farms is a 538 Acre high quality recreational property — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailable715± acre Quail Plantation with “ Architectural Digest-Quality Home ” Locted Right in the Middle of the Albany Plantation Belt in Exclusive Tarva Road Location OVERVIEW - 715 +/- acres Southwest Georgia quail Plantation in Dougherty, County, Georgia. Borders Pinebloom Plantation, Tarva Plantation and Wynfield — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableAcre for Acre, One of the Most Beautiful Equestrian Estates in All of Florida 6,995 SQ FT Main House & Horse Barn One of the Most Beautiful, Pastoral Settings, Pond, Rolling Fenced Pastures, & Mossed Draped Live Oaks Located just 5 Miles to Restaurants in — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableDesigned for Those that Love Entertaining & Have a Passion for the Outdoors & Wildlife! 443 +/- acre High-fenced Recreational Property with All the Amenities Ready to Step in and Enjoy and Entertain, Located Just 23 Minutes from Tallahassee! From the moment you pull through — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableOne of the Most Extensively Manicured Properties in the Red Hills High Quality Recreational Property with 18 Acre Lake & almost a half mile of frontage on the Ochlocknee River OVERVIEW- 360 +/- acre Red Hills high quality recreational property with 18 acre lake and — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableWhen Someone thinks of an Old Florida Property, Deer and Turkey Hunting, Beautiful Cabbage Hammocks, and a Tradition Steeped in Deer Hunting Turn-key 863 +/- acres of Deer and Turkey Habitat including 360 +/- acres Under High-Fence Acre for acre of wildlife, this place is — Read more