From the earliest of age, Jim Martin was immersed in the great outdoors accompanying his father on land and timber scouting trips through California and beyond. The value of what constituted a “good ranch” and what it took to make an otherwise marginal one better was instilled in Jim very early on. Furthering this knowledge was the time spent in the hills on the family’s ranch where a passion for hunting and all things related took root.
Jim graduated in 1991 from University of Colorado, Boulder with a B.A. in Political Science. After over-landing it back to California from South America and then having spent some time volunteering on deer farms in New Zealand, he went to work for Multi-Use Management (MUM)- first on a ranch in eastern Montana and then later on Santa Rosa Island. He garnered an extensive knowledge of many aspects of wildlife management during this period. Seeing, however, that the opportunities for a profitable career in ranching and wildlife management was limited he enrolled at the University of San Francisco School of Law wherein he received his JD in 1996 and was admitted to the California Bar the same year. Shortly thereafter, he joined the eminent Hong Kong law firm of Johnson, Stokes and Master wherein he focused on infrastructural development and commercial transactions in Southeast Asia based in Vietnam.
Although Jim prospered in the practice of law, there was an ever present yearning to return to his passion. In 1999 he realized his dream and bought a large tract of land above the Anderson Valley in the coastal mountain range of Mendocino County. Since then he has systematically went about developing the infrastructure of the M3 Ranch, i.e. water, road network, private wildlife management plans (PLMs), stream protection, etc.. to make it one finest ranches in the area.
In 2005 he married Mairobi from Caracas, Venezuela who he had met in Buenos Aires on one of his many land scouting and hunting trips to the region. They have one boy. The family lives and works on the M3 Ranch. Jim’s zeal for ranching and rural property development and his both real and sophisticated experience in the same brought him to the realization that he should enlist his experience in other’s quest to find the perfect ranch property.
Email Jim: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Listing StatusAvailableThe White Oak Ranch & Vineyard is California’s premiere wine country estate where Mediterranean refinement blends with Western tradition. The White Oak is a large scale production vineyard that affords the discerning buyer the opportunity to step into this quintessential lifestyle at a level that — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableThe 2780 acre Fountain Ranch is what one envisions if it were somehow possible to put together every essential element of a Class A ranch under one umbrella to create the most idyllic picture of ranch perfection; gentle oak strewn hills rolling down to irrigated — Read more
- Listing StatusUnder ContractThe legendary Eagle Rock Ranch is located in the California’s Coastal Mountain Range west of Ukiah on historic Low Gap Road, the former stage route to the town of Mendocino on the coast. Eagle Rock Ranch is among the last original large ranches in Mendocino — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableThe Rosati Ranch exemplifies all the qualities that make for a Class A Hunting Ranch. Located just an hour and half from the San Francisco Bay Area situated before the one horse town of Yorkville near the Sonoma-Mendocino County border and only about 30 minutes — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldSituated on the banks of Mendocino's majestic Noyo River between Willits and Fort Bragg, Timberlock Ranch's 350 acres comprises arguably one of California's finest privately held redwood stands. Walking the redwood strewn valley floor with rays of sunlight casting in from above accompanied only by — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldWalker Gulch Ranch sits just north of the coastal hamlet of Gualala occupying a natural point commanding spectacular views of the Pacific. Its 82 acres gently rises up to the clear mountain meadow that reveals the tastefully updated 4 bedroom and 3 bath Farmhouse. Cradling — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableSet in the coastal mountain hamlet of Comptche, the Comptche Ridge Vineyard epitomizes the best of Mendocino County - redwood and fern strewn valleys, rolling vineyards highlands, breathtaking views, secluded yet accessible and all located in temperate year round climate. Originally homesteaded in the late — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableThe historic Comptche Spring Ranch is nestled in a mountain meadow above the coastal hamlet Comptche. The Ranch is approached thru a gorgeous redwood and fern strewn driveway that finally emerges out onto Docker Hill's meadow plateau. The Ranch sits on the pinnacle of this — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableThe Elkhorn Ranch exemplifies all the qualities that make for a Class A hunting retreat. Located just two hours from the San Francisco Bay Area outside the one horse town of Yorkville in southern Mendocino County, the property is reached off the county road by — Read more