From the earliest of age, Jim Martin was immersed in the great outdoors accompanying his father on land and timber scouting trips through California and beyond. The value of what constituted a “good ranch” and what it took to make an otherwise marginal one better was instilled in Jim very early on. Furthering this knowledge was the time spent in the hills on the family’s ranch where a passion for hunting and all things related took root.
Jim graduated in 1991 from University of Colorado, Boulder with a B.A. in Political Science. After over-landing it back to California from South America and then having spent some time volunteering on deer farms in New Zealand, he went to work for Multi-Use Management (MUM)- first on a ranch in eastern Montana and then later on Santa Rosa Island. He garnered an extensive knowledge of many aspects of wildlife management during this period. Seeing, however, that the opportunities for a profitable career in ranching and wildlife management was limited he enrolled at the University of San Francisco School of Law wherein he received his JD in 1996 and was admitted to the California Bar the same year. Shortly thereafter, he joined the eminent Hong Kong law firm of Johnson, Stokes and Master wherein he focused on infrastructural development and commercial transactions in Southeast Asia based in Vietnam.
Although Jim prospered in the practice of law, there was an ever present yearning to return to his passion. In 1999 he realized his dream and bought a large tract of land above the Anderson Valley in the coastal mountain range of Mendocino County. Since then he has systematically went about developing the infrastructure of the M3 Ranch, i.e. water, road network, private wildlife management plans (PLMs), stream protection, etc.. to make it one finest ranches in the area.
In 2005 he married Mairobi from Caracas, Venezuela who he had met in Buenos Aires on one of his many land scouting and hunting trips to the region. They have one boy. The family lives and works on the M3 Ranch. Jim’s zeal for ranching and rural property development and his both real and sophisticated experience in the same brought him to the realization that he should enlist his experience in other’s quest to find the perfect ranch property.
Email Jim: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Listing StatusAvailableThe White Oak Ranch & Vineyard is California’s premiere wine country estate where Mediterranean refinement blends with Western tradition. The White Oak is a large scale production vineyard that affords the discerning buyer the opportunity to step into this quintessential lifestyle at a level that — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldSituated in the Southeast section of the fertile plains of Potter Valley, Guntly Farm is one of those multi-generational farms that rarely comes to market. Productive land of this caliber is an asset that continues to give throughout the ages and few want to part — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldThis stunning Sonoma Coast property combines world class craftsmanship with style and functionality. The newly remodeled 3,700 sf home with vaulted ceilings, expansive windows, and a grand wrap deck provides panoramic ocean views along with unparalleled natural beauty and serenity. This three-acre estate offers manicured — Read more
- Listing StatusUnder ContractThe historic Comptche Spring Ranch is nestled in a mountain meadow above the coastal hamlet Comptche. The Ranch is approached thru a gorgeous redwood and fern strewn driveway that finally emerges out onto Docker Hill's meadow plateau. The Ranch sits on the pinnacle of this — Read more
- Listing StatusUnder ContractThe 332 acre Guntly Ranch is situated on the south slope of the mountain range separating Ukiah Valley from Potter Valley with easy year round access off Highway 20. Approaching the Ranch’s Headquarters from the Main Entrance the driveway is hemmed in by the neighboring — Read more
- Listing StatusUnder ContractThe Elkhorn Ranch exemplifies all the qualities that make for a Class A hunting retreat. Located just two hours from the San Francisco Bay Area outside the one horse town of Yorkville in southern Mendocino County, the property is reached off the county road by — Read more