Jim Hammill was born and raised in the Upper Peninsula and has dedicated his life to natural resources management, both personally and professionally. Jim is retired from the Michigan Department of Natural Resources where he served for more than 30 years as a wildlife biologist and was involved with all aspects of wildlife management, retiring as the Western Upper Peninsula Wildlife Supervisor. Jim received his Michigan real estate salesperson license in 2003 and is a real estate salesperson with Great Lakes and Land Real Estate Company. As an avid outdoorsman, hunter, and fisherman, and with his knowledge of the land, wildlife, and ecosystems, it was natural that he focused on wild lands and recreational property when he began his career in real estate.
Since 2002, Jim and his wife, Julie (also a licensed real estate agent), have been building their business, Iron Range Consulting and Services Inc. Their company offers a broad range of environmental services, and focuses on providing land, forest, and water management and planning assistance to private landowners. They can also help landowners realize revenue by administering timber sales, and achieve property tax savings by providing management plans to comply with various state property tax abatement programs.
If you are looking to evaluate wild and recreational land for its wildlife or financial potential, buy or sell a home, camp, or property, or need assistance managing wild or recreational properties, contact Jim for one-stop shopping.
- Listing StatusAvailableMichigan Upper Peninsula 2190+/- Acres of Property With Two Private Lakes For Sale. This property represents much of the best natural resources, wildness, and beauty that the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan has to offer. The 2190.8 acre parcel is located in northern Iron County — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableBeaver Lake Lodge - This 440 acre parcel is a pure hunting and recreational piece of property. This property is home to many species of wildlife (deer, bear, grouse, woodcock, snowshoe hares, coyotes, waterfowl, beaver, otter, pine marten, fishers, muskrats, and nongame species such as — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailable"Traditional Log Hunting Cabin" This 80 acres with a log cabin is adjacent to thousands of acres of corporate timber land which is open to hunting. The traditional old-style log cabin (built in 1992) with beautiful hardwood floors, has an open concept kitchen, dining, and — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableMoose Trails Camp - This 160 acre property has rolling terrain dominated by young aspen stands of various age classes. This habitat is especially attractive to game species such as deer, black bear, bobcat, grouse, woodcock, and snowshoe hare, and non-game species such as moose, — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailable"Hidden Retreat" - Upper Peninsula land and cabin for sale. This 80 acre property with approx 2000 feet of frontage on Pori Creek, features a log cabin, 8x12 detached log sauna, and 8x16 storage shed. Original hand-hewn cedar log cabin was built in 1978, addition — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableUpper Peninsula vacant property. This 80 acre parcel of forested land is primarily composed of regenerating aspen, which is very beneficial to many species of wildlife, particularly grouse and white-tailed deer. Hunt for deer, bear, grouse, woodcock, snowshoe hare, and other small game. Many trails — Read more