Moving back to the California central coast community of Carmel Valley in 2008, Chris quickly entered into the equestrian community and lifestyle in which his wife and her family are deeply connected. With family ranch land and horse property in Monterey and Napa Counties, Chris has first-hand experience in both the economical and emotional impact that a true connection with the land can make. He has a true passion for the outdoors, the West, and matching people to the right piece of property. Chris is a licensed California real estate broker and has been involved professionally with real estate transactions since 2008. Turning his focus to recreational properties, Chris relies on an extensive background in commercial real estate investment, re-development, leasing, and property management. As a businessman, he understands the importance of value, to both the seller and the buyer, and is adept at handling complex deal structures and negotiating co-beneficial deals. He also values keeping up with, and leveraging technology when marketing a farm, ranchland, equestrian, or other recreational property, allowing for maximum listing exposure.
Prior to transitioning to the real estate business full-time, Chris was a Captain and pilot leader at JetBlue Airways, joining the company in early 2002, following its startup phase. Chris' experience at JetBlue was preceded by nearly twelve years of service as an officer and aircraft carrier-based pilot in the United States Navy. His experience as a pilot, leader, and a businessman gives him a perspective on land and property that uniquely benefits his real estate clients.
Chris holds a B.A. in economics from Stanford University. He is a member of SPIRE (Stanford Professionals in Real Estate), Frontier Boys, Carmel Valley Trail & Saddle Club, and the Tailhook Association. Chris spent his summers growing up in Glacier National Park as a fourth-generation Montanan and his true passion is fly-fishing and floating his home waters in the Flathead Valley. He is a past president of the Glacier Conservancy board of directors, a non-profit retail and fundraising partner organization of Glacier National Park.
Chris enjoys spending time with his wife and their three sons; whether watching her compete in three-day eventing, or cheering the boys on in their sports and school pursuits. When time allows, Chris loves riding horses, flying, and playing guitar, song writing, and singing.
- Listing StatusAvailableSpectacular views of the Sierras, combined with a private and tranquil valley that literally runs for miles, Eshom Valley Ranch is a unique 3775 +/- acre property situated between the approaches to both Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Ranch base elevation is roughly 3,500 — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableThe Guadalupe Ranch Estate is a stunning turn-key equestrian and recreational ranch property. Built as a personal retreat for famed L.A. architect-to-the-stars, Fred Smathers, the ranch features a gorgeous Mediterranean style estate home situated on a private lake. Totaling 571+/- acres, the ranch is situated — Read more
- Listing StatusUnder ContractBucks Valley Ranch is located in Monterey County in the heart of Central California, just 8 miles southwest of King City and the fertile Salinas Valley. Featuring lush meadows and stunning oak-studded ridges, this ranch encompasses ten total parcels with 2324.7+/- deeded acres. 200 acres — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldOne of the most unique agricultural properties in the Kern River Valley, the Landmark Kernville Ranch is located just minutes from the recreation capital of Kernville. The combination of an abundant water supply, gentle terrain and year-round green pasture, and a comfortable log cabin residence — Read more
- Listing StatusSold2 Wild Boar Run is one of only 300 carefully selected homesites in the Santa Lucia Preserve. The Santa Lucia Preserve is a private, gated conservation-minded community with a rich ranching history located above Carmel Valley on 20,000 acres of the historic California Rancho San — Read more
- Listing StatusSold"Tassajara Lands" is 300+/- acres located in the greater Carmel Valley area of Monterey County. The property consists of one tax APN and two legal land parcels that lie amongst the Lambert Flats Road area. Surrounding this property are vast private ranch lands and various — Read more