Moving back to the California central coast community of Carmel Valley in 2008, Chris quickly entered into the equestrian community and lifestyle in which his wife and her family are deeply connected. With family ranch land and horse property in Monterey and Napa Counties, Chris has first-hand experience in both the economical and emotional impact that a true connection with the land can make. He has a true passion for the outdoors, the West, and matching people to the right piece of property. Chris is a licensed California real estate broker and has been involved professionally with real estate transactions since 2008. Turning his focus to recreational properties, Chris relies on an extensive background in commercial real estate investment, re-development, leasing, and property management. As a businessman, he understands the importance of value, to both the seller and the buyer, and is adept at handling complex deal structures and negotiating co-beneficial deals. He also values keeping up with, and leveraging technology when marketing a farm, ranchland, equestrian, or other recreational property, allowing for maximum listing exposure.
Prior to transitioning to the real estate business full-time, Chris was a Captain and pilot leader at JetBlue Airways, joining the company in early 2002, following its startup phase. Chris' experience at JetBlue was preceded by nearly twelve years of service as an officer and aircraft carrier-based pilot in the United States Navy. His experience as a pilot, leader, and a businessman gives him a perspective on land and property that uniquely benefits his real estate clients.
Chris holds a B.A. in economics from Stanford University. He is a member of SPIRE (Stanford Professionals in Real Estate), Frontier Boys, Carmel Valley Trail & Saddle Club, and the Tailhook Association. Chris spent his summers growing up in Glacier National Park as a fourth-generation Montanan and his true passion is fly-fishing and floating his home waters in the Flathead Valley. He is a past president of the Glacier Conservancy board of directors, a non-profit retail and fundraising partner organization of Glacier National Park.
Chris enjoys spending time with his wife and their three sons; whether watching her compete in three-day eventing, or cheering the boys on in their sports and school pursuits. When time allows, Chris loves riding horses, flying, and playing guitar, song writing, and singing.
- Listing StatusAvailableSpectacular views of the Sierras, combined with a private and tranquil valley that literally runs for miles, Eshom Valley Ranch is a unique 3775 +/- acre property situated between the approaches to both Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Ranch base elevation is roughly 3,500 — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableThe Basin Ranch is a rare opportunity to own 5,105 acres within a one-hour drive of Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach, and just over an hour-and-a-half drive from the San Francisco Bay Area. The property is located west of Greenfield off of Carmel Valley Road and — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailablePLANETT RANCH is a rarity where once there were many. It’s the privilege of privacy on 560+/- acres that have been lovingly cared for and carefully managed by one family for nearly 90 years. Only 32 miles northwest of downtown Paso Robles, near the shores — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableHollow Spring Ranch offers top-quality western lifestyle living and privacy combined with the close proximity to the leisure and luxury of Carmel Valley, Carmel-by-the-Sea, and Pebble Beach. A 146+/- acre private ranchette with panoramic views of Carmel Valley and the Ventana Wilderness, the ranch is — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableIdeal recreation ranch potential with incredible views, just a 15-20 minute paved road drive from U.S. Highway 101. Over 4000 contiguous acres near San Ardo in Monterey County - single family ownership since the 1940's. The Freeman Ranch has end-of-the-road privacy, is of -the-grid, and — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableThe Mokelumne River Ranch combines private and luxurious living, grape vineyard income, and a smart and practical equestrian farm. Past the lovely gated entrance, a row of redwoods juxtaposes against the professionally managed 18-acre income-producing grape vineyard. Nearly 40 acres, every detail has been thought — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldNearly 1,800 acres of recreational privacy in Napa County, complete with runway access, three in fact, and abundant water, over 500 acre-feet licensed for storage and use. Mysterious Valley Ranch has been treasured by the same family for the past 48 years, and is ready — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldRolling Ridge Ranch is 154+/- acres spread over 4 parcels that can serve as a full-service equestrian farm, or a private, peaceful, family farm/ranch with incredible views of the Ventana Wilderness. The custom main home and barn features 2 bedrooms, 3 baths, and a family-friendly — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableOne of the most unique agricultural properties in the Kern River Valley, the Landmark Kernville Ranch is located just minutes from the recreation capital of Kernville. The combination of an abundant water supply, gentle terrain and year-round green pasture, and a comfortable log cabin residence — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailable2 Wild Boar Run is one of only 300 carefully selected homesites in the Santa Lucia Preserve. The Santa Lucia Preserve is a private, gated conservation-minded community with a rich ranching history located above Carmel Valley on 20,000 acres of the historic California Rancho San — Read more