Caleb is a fifth-generation farmer and rancher from Joseph, OR where he’s still involved with the family operation today. He grew up raising cattle on the Zumwalt Prairie along with wheat, barley, timothy, orchard grass and alfalfa hay crops in the Wallowa Valley. The area is excellent for deer and elk hunting which are among Caleb’s favorite hobbies.
Caleb attended the University of Idaho where he obtained his bachelors of science degree in Rangeland Ecology and Management with a minor in Animal Science Production. During college he worked at the school dairy, forest products lab and even as a rangeland botanist for the University of Idaho Sage Grouse Field Crew. At the University of Idaho, he met his wife Katie and they now have two daughters.
After college, the entrepreneur in Caleb came to life and he started looking for business opportunities that would allow him and his family to stay in Wallowa County. He started a consulting and management business, Howard Resource Management, which assisted landowners to find ways to help them add revenue streams from their properties. He negotiated grazing and farming leases with tenants, hunting leases, researched potential revenue from water conservation, hydropower, and carbon credit programs. He’s also designed and managed restoration projects. He’s often described as a “true jack of all trades”.
Caleb believes that being a good real estate broker means being honest, patient, knowledgeable and a good problem solver. With his diverse background in agriculture, wildlife, and land management, his skills make him an excellent asset to have on your team.
- Listing StatusUnder ContractFor the first time, Hale Brothers Farm is available for purchase in the highly desired Columbia River Basin. Bob and Rick Hale, two brothers who are well-known in the West’s agricultural community, began operations here over 40 years ago and grew their enterprise into what — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailable*Video coming soon. The Sunrise Ranch presents a once in a lifetime opportunity to own a 2,684.75+- acre legacy ranch with 1.3+- miles of Grande Ronde River frontage. Without leaving the property, you can hunt trophy mule deer and reel in monster steelhead, rainbow trout, — Read more
- Listing StatusSold--Video Coming Soon-- The Lone Valley Ranch is rare opportunity to purchase your own private valley outside the desirable community of Joseph, OR. This is a complete and efficient cattle ranch with the farmland and summer range all connected. The views of the Wallowa Mountains — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldWelcome to the Grouse Creek Ranch located in beautiful Northeastern Oregon. This is a ranch capable of sustaining you and your family while you live the ranching lifestyle you love! The ranch offers beautiful productive farmland for a forage base, miles of private world class — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableThe Hart's River Ranch is a rare opportunity to own one of the area’s largest remaining irrigated ranches located just minutes from the Oregon Coast. The ranch is a total of 547.47-acres with over 500 acres of productive farm ground. The ranch boasts highly productive — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableHighly productive irrigated patures with great water resources characterize this 520+ acres located on the coquille river near the Oregon Coast. Based on the current operator's experience, this ranch is about as drought proof as you can find. This property is located only 17 minutes — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldPrice reduced from $2,300,000! The Chesnimnus Creek Ranch is a spectacular 2,770 +- acre ranch located on the North end of the Zumwalt Prairie. The ranch is very diverse with timbered slopes, rolling hills of bunchgrass prairie, grassy creek bottoms, and canyon slopes. You can — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldThe Clear Lake Ridge property is a true gem offering nearly 3,500 acres of pure beauty. The ranch offers fantastic privacy along with rolling grassy hills, deep canyons, timbered draws, world class hunting, and even shallow-water lakes. All of this is located within a very — Read more
- Listing StatusUnder ContractTake down monster bull elk on this 160+- acres located in the very desirable Tollgate Area. Properties of this size rarely become available in this area. Enjoy hunting, fishing, skiing, and other winter sports in this beautiful area of the Blue Mountains of Eastern Oregon. — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldHere's a chance to own 161+- acres privately located in the Blue Mountains just North of Enterprise, OR. The property offers superior privacy located on Fire Ridge without any public roads crossing through it. Amazing views from the property overlook the Zumwalt Prairie, Blue Mountains, — Read more