Caleb is a fifth-generation farmer and rancher from Joseph, OR where he’s still involved with the family operation today. He grew up raising cattle on the Zumwalt Prairie along with wheat, barley, timothy, orchard grass and alfalfa hay crops in the Wallowa Valley. The area is excellent for deer and elk hunting which are among Caleb’s favorite hobbies.
Caleb attended the University of Idaho where he obtained his bachelors of science degree in Rangeland Ecology and Management with a minor in Animal Science Production. During college he worked at the school dairy, forest products lab and even as a rangeland botanist for the University of Idaho Sage Grouse Field Crew. At the University of Idaho, he met his wife Katie and they now have one daughter.
After college, the entrepreneur in Caleb came to life and he started looking for business opportunities that would allow him and his family to stay in Wallowa County. He started a consulting and management business, Howard Resource Management, which assisted landowners to find ways to help them add revenue streams from their properties. He negotiated grazing and farming leases with tenants, hunting leases, researched potential revenue from water conservation, hydropower, and carbon credit programs. He’s also designed and managed restoration projects. He’s often described as a “true jack of all trades”. He also started a cattle marketing business that marketed nearly 1,000 head of calves in its first year.
Caleb believes that being a good real estate broker means being honest, patient, knowledgeable and a good problem solver. With his diverse background in agriculture, wildlife, and land management, his skills make him an excellent asset to have on your team.
- Listing StatusAvailableThe Cottonwood Creek Ranch is a hunter's dream located just minutes from the famous town of Walla Walla, WA. You can be on a ridge spotting trophy elk one hour and be drinking wine in Walla Walla the next. The 3,431 +/- acres includes tillable — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableBeautiful 1,880+/- acre timbered property for sale outside of Wallowa, OR. This ranch is used for grazing and timber production. The ranch currently runs about 75 cow/calf pairs for about six to seven months of the year. Grazing revenue brings in $5,500 annually. The timber — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldPrime farm ground with river frontage located North of Touchet, WA just minutes from Highway 12. This is a rare opportunity as it is the only known sizeable piece of irrigated farmland for sale in Walla Walla County. To make this property even better, it's — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableThe Chesnimnus Creek Ranch is a spectacular 2,770 +- acre ranch located on the North end of the Zumwalt Prairie. The ranch is very diverse with timbered slopes, rolling hills of bunchgrass prairie, grassy creek bottoms, and canyon slopes. You can spend your days herding — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableRare Hunting and Cattle Ranch in Eastern Oregon The Shirttail Creek Ranch has it all: phenomenal hunting, great cattle grazing, abundant water resources, beautiful scenery and a great location. Opportunities like this one don't come often. Hunting: : Shirttail Creek Ranch is well known for — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableThis is a rare opportunity to own a profitable, turnkey, hunting and fishing outfitter business. You have hundreds of square miles to hunt mountain lion, mule deer, rocky mountain elk, whitetail, wolves, upland game birds, and fish the beautiful Idaho lakes and rivers while you're — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldThe Murray Creek Tract is a unique 221.96 +/- acre timbered parcel located on the slopes of the Wallowa Mountains. The property is abundantly timbered with an abandoned quarry. A waterfall now falls from the quarry site located at the end of a county road — Read more