A.J. Mangum joined Hayden Outdoors in 2012 as a broker associate in Colorado. He grew up on a central Oregon ranch, and rode competitively in horse shows throughout the Pacific Northwest. He financed his college education with earnings from a commercial cattle herd he established as a teenager.
After graduating from Oregon State University, A.J. began a 25-year career in journalism and publishing, working as a newspaper reporter and magazine editor, and writing extensively about the ranching culture. He was the editor of Western Horseman for a decade, and editor of Ranch & Reata for its full five-year run.
As a journalist, A.J. has traveled widely throughout the North American West and beyond, visiting some of the world’s most intriguing and innovative ranching operations in order to share their experiences and knowledge with readers, a skill set that proves invaluable in marketing ranch properties. As a result, A.J. brings to Hayden Outdoors not only a lifetime of experience working with ranchers and livestock, but also a unique perspective on the rewards and opportunities represented by land ownership. A.J. is based in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Listing StatusAvailableLost Trail Ranch represents a once-in-a-lifetime find for a hunter, fisherman, horseman or investor seeking a secluded outdoor paradise in one of the Rockies’ most pristine environments. Located in southwestern Colorado, within and surrounded by the dramatic San Juan Mountains, this 27-acre property features a — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableThese two adjoining properties, totaling more than 148 acres, are located just outside the Pueblo city limits, and immediately west of Bandera Park and the El Camino Las Vistas neighborhood. In close proximity to some of Pueblo’s newest and most thriving neighborhoods, as well as — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableLocated at the base of the Wet Mountains, in the ranching and hunting country of Fremont County, this 880-acre ranch has been in the family for generations, and offers abundant pasture, wildlife (deer, elk), and WATER. The property comes with water rights (livestock use, 35 — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldMountain View Executive Estate is a custom, detail-rich executive home on a tranquil 5-acre property that also features a versatile 48x72 detached barn/shop, a domestic well, and incredible views of the mountains and Monument Lake. The home is impeccably designed, with an astounding list of — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableLocated at the base of the Wet Mountains, in the ranching and hunting country of Fremont County, this 1,040-acre ranch has been in the family for generations, and offers abundant pasture, wildlife (deer, elk), mountain views, numerous hidden valleys, and seasonal streams. The property transitions — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldLocated at the eastern edge of the Black Forest region – 10 minutes north of Falcon and 20 minutes from Colorado Springs – this 11.53-acre, RR5-zoned property has a beautiful 4-bedroom, 4-bath custom home with a 3-car garage and numerous features. The fully fenced property — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldRedstone Ridge is an incredible 40-acre parcel that towers over the Monument and Palmer Lake areas just minutes north of Colorado Springs. The property boasts breathtaking, up-close mountain views, and borders the Pike Nat’l Forest on two sides, offering private, exclusive access to limitless recreational — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldBlack Forest Retreat is a rare find: 35 acres available in the heart of Black Forest, one of the most desirable areas in the Colorado Springs region, with its tranquil, wooded environment, unspoiled mountain views, rural sensibilities, and easy access to Colorado Springs, which is — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldThis stunning property includes a 5-bedroom, 2-bath custom log home on 11.3 wooded, scenic acres tucked against the mountains just minutes south of downtown Colorado Springs. This tranquil ranchette boasts outstanding mountain views, a guest home, abundant outdoor entertaining space, multiple RV hookups, multiple water — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldSan Isabel Ranch is a scenic 35-acre property located near the edge of the San Isabel Nat’l Forest, offering national forest access and boasting a beautiful 4-bedroom, 5-bathroom custom southwestern home with abundant office space, storage and room to grow. Located within the tranquil, gated — Read more