Lassen Creek Vineyards, California
Property Types: Home, Commercial
Activities & Amenities
Here is a rare find in Manton, a mountain valley near the base of Mt. Lassen, in Tehama County. Lassen Creek Vineyards is a nearly 52 acre property in the new Manton Valley AVA with 32 acres +/- of award-winning certified organic vines currently under cultivation and with room for more. With approximately 26 acres planted to Petite Sirah and Syrah grapes, another 6 acres have been planted to Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Pinot Gris, Viognier, Merlot, and other varietals. The extremely deep Rocklin Tuff volcanic sandy loams at the 2,500 ft. elevation, along with clean and plentiful mountain waters provided by both an irrigation ditch and an ag well, provide an ideal environment for creating premium wines. Along with the successfully operating vineyard, the new owner will enjoy the panoramic valley views from the well-located 2004 2908 +/- sq.ft. 4 bedroom and 2.5 bath main residence with adjacent patios, motor court, and 3-car garage with its 1014 +/- sq.ft. wine tasting room on the upper level. There is also a second farm hand residence of 2 bedrooms and 1 bath near the gated entrance to the picturesque vineyard.
- The 51.95 acres are ideally situated on the western slope of the volcanic foothills at the base of the Cascade Range near Lassen Volcanic National Park in Tehama County, CA. Located in the Manton Valley AVA, the 32 +/- acres of vineyards are USDA and CCOF Certified Organic. Approximately 1/2 mile of gravel-based roads wind past a beautiful pond, flowing creek, apple and cherry trees, and lavender fringed rock walls to the main home and wine tasting room near the property's highest elevation at approximately 2,500 feet. The property with its deep and well-drained volcanic sandy loam soils is perimeter fenced with 8-ft high deer fencing.
- Of the 32 +/- acres planted to vines, approximately 14 acres are a 1971 planting of Petite Sirah from UC Davis clones. Another approximately 12 acres are a 1992 planting of Syrah. Approximately six more acres, planted from 2000-2003 are home to more than 10 other varietals, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Pinot Gris, Viognier, Merlot, Orange Muscat, Zinfandel, Syrah Noir, Mourvedre, Granache, and Tuoriga. Approximately 80-90% of the annual harvest is sold as bulk wine to make premium wines for larger wineries in Napa and Sonoma. With a capacity of approximately 5,000 cases per year, Lassen Creek Vineyards uses approximately 10-20% of its certified organically-grown grapes to make and bottle award-winning premium wines under a separate label. There are another 3-4 acres of certified organic ground ready to be planted.
- Irrigation water is provided by an ag well delivering more than 80 g.p.m of mountain spring water via diesel pump, along with 22 deeded miner's inches of irrigation ditch water from Crooker Harris Ditch. The pond holds 6 acre feet of water and is distributed via 24 acres of overhead sprinkler watering and 8 acres of drip system with integrated European Flapper frost control.
- The Spanish-style stucco home with a red tile roof was built in 2004 and is approximately 2908 sq.ft. with 4 bedrooms and 2.5 baths. There is a formal dining room, and separate living and family rooms with spectacular views looking westward over the vineyard to the mountain valley with its farms and forest lands below. The large country kitchen features an eating bar, stainless steel appliances, and kitchen nook. There is also a separate 2-bedroom farm workers home near the entrance to the vineyard.
- At the main home there is an adjacent 3-car garage is connected by a breezeway with a large patio overlooking the valley on one side and the gravel motor court on the other side. Inside the garage there is cool storage for up to 1,200 cases of wine, and above the garage is the 1,014 +/- sq.ft. wine tasting room with wine bar, tables, and spectacular views of the valley below.
- While there is not yet a winery on site, the owners have permits for a winery and water for up to 25,000 cases per year. Beer could also be brewed and tasted on site with the same permit that is currently in use for the on-site wine tasting room. The property is currently zoned to allow a bed-and-breakfast, RV camping, glamping, and other agrotourism options.
- The package price includes all real estate, permits, 400+ member wine club, brand, bottled wine inventory, and equipment. The real estate may be sold separately, if desired. Vineyard consulting for a period of time and ongoing vineyard management can be assisted by the retiring owners.
California Outdoor Properties, Inc.
Vacaville, CA 95688
*The Land Leader, LLC, is not acting as a licensed real estate brokerage firm. None of the information found on this website or other forms of marketing is guaranteed and should be independently verified. The Land Leader, LLC and its member Brokerages and their agents or staff members make no representation or warranties as to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information, text, property boundaries, graphics links or other items contained in any website, print, advertisement or otherwise linked to or from this website. All property descriptions including without limitation estimates of total acreage are based on information provided to The Land Leader, LLC by the Brokerage. The Land Leader, LLC has not independently investigated the property information or descriptions provided by the Brokerage and makes no warranty or representations about the accuracy or reliability of such descriptions. All prospective Buyers are strongly encouraged to conduct an independent investigation into the properties advertised herein prior to entering into any purchase agreement. The Land Leader, LLC will not be responsible for typographical errors, misprints, or inaccurate property information provided by the Brokerage.The property listing is made subject to errors, omissions, change of price, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. All real estate advertised herein in subject to the Federal Housing Act, which makes it illegal to advertise “any preference, limitation, or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or intention to make any such preference, limitation, or discrimination.