As someone who loves the outdoors and agriculture, Scott is excited to be part of the California Outdoor Properties team. Born and raised until his teen years in Santa Cruz County, Scott started his life-long interest in farming and ranching at age 11 through participation in a 4-H Beef project. During high school in Ojai, Scott had the opportunity to visit a variety of beef and sheep operations while serving as a foreign exchange student in Melbourne, Australia, and as a college undergraduate spent a year of study in Zaria, Nigeria. After graduate school, for nearly 10 years early in his professional career Scott worked with 4-H and other Cooperative Extension Service program staff at US Department of Agriculture in Washington, DC; National 4-H Council in Chevy Chase, Maryland; and at the Massachusetts 4-H Foundation in Ashland.
Returning to California in the late 80s, Scott spent five years in Real Estate sales in San Diego and Shasta counties before embarking on a 15-year career as a management and strategic planning consultant and trainer, including the teaching of nonprofit organization management courses at three universities. With a daughter who loved riding as a teenager, Scott willingly got roped into feeding, grooming and hauling horses to shows for several years. He also has a married son and three grandchildren. When not at work Scott enjoys hiking, running, boating, architecture, and travel.
Email Scott: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Listing StatusAvailableHere is an opportunity to take advantage of approximately 2,800 acres of pristine California landscape for cattle grazing, hunting, or just getting away from it all. Situated roughly 21 miles north and west of Red Bluff off of Highway 36, the fully-fenced Heritage Ranch has — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldEXTRAORDINARY is the word that comes to mind when viewing this home for the first time! Set on a high point of the 8-acre parcel, and commanding territorial views of Mt. Shasta to the north and Lassen Peak to the east, this amazing contemporary farmhouse — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableThis property represents the best of gracious living in the Dairyville/Los Molinos area. Comprised of two separate parcels totaling 27.34 acres, Bar-O-Bar Ranch includes approximately 11 acres of home site and fenced pasture, and another 16 acres of productive Chandler walnut orchard. The light and — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldThis 20.6-acre Sacramento riverfront property zoned AG-2 has income from 18.6+/- acres of Chandler walnuts, and from a nice 3/2 manufactured home with a detached two-car garage. The main residence itself is a 3,176+/- 4/3 modern home with upgraded kitchen, sunken living room, upstairs bedroom — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableLooking for a quiet place in the country to please your family and accommodate your horses or other livestock? If so, this is a property you definitely want to consider--22 fenced and cross-fenced acres with Anderson/Cottonwood Irrigation District water, a 2,944 sq.ft. 3 bedroom/2 bath — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldIt would be hard to find a prettier building site than this 20+ acres with approximately 1,675 feet of easily-accessible frontage on the Sacramento River. The oak-dotted parcel includes a 'tiny home' cabin wired for generator hook-up, a storage shed, and concrete picnic table and — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableThis property is more than 40 acres with partial fencing and a drilled well. Consider it a blank slate for a homestead or small farm. Property Highlights: 40+ acres Views of Mt. Shasta and Mt. Lassen Located in Corning, CA Partially fenced Drilled well Easy — Read more